UPDATE: Results declared!
UPDATE: From the IIT-K Surge Site:
The results of SURGE 2010, for Non-IITK students, will be declared on Tuesday, 6th April 2010. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay.
Update: The results of SURGE 2010, for Non-IITK students, will be declared by the end of March 2010.
Its been over two years since I first blogged about surge 2008. I followed it up with another one on surge 2009 after seeing the traffic on that particular post. Here is the info on the series about surge 2010.
First and foremost, What is Surge?
Summer Undergraduate Research Grant for Excellence
SURGE at IIT Kanpur
The Under the Summer Undergraduate Research Grant for Excellence (SURGE) program, undergraduate students from IITK and other participating institutions will undertake short duration, but focused research projects and push their intellectual abilities beyond those driven by the classroom. The duration is 10 weeks from early-May to end-July of each year. Students working at IITK will receive a stipend of Rs.10,000 for the entire 10-week duration; an additional Rs.10,000 Award plus a commendation certificate will be given to those SURGE students who produce exceptional quality research during the 10 weeks. IITK students in overseas institutions will receive a stipend as fixed by the agreement between IITK and the participating institutes.
Surge has added a couple of more foreign institutes to its list in 2010. Now the Universities for SURGE 2010 are California Institute of Technology (http://www.caltech.edu), Ecole Polytechnique (http://www.polytechnique.edu), Ecole Centrale de Paris (http://www.ecp.fr) and Rice University (http://www.rice.edu).
However the above is available only to IIT-K students.
Surge 2010 has a new feature! People from other colleges can also apply to Surge. Also, now First year M.Sc/ MA can also apply to Surge. Earlier only B.Tech students of NITs could apply for surge.
Unfortunately it seems that this year's application dates are over :(
The completed application form along with the paper copies will be due on/before February 12, 2010.
Students studying in the following colleges are eligible to apply for the SURGE program in 2010 at IIT Kanpur. Please note that students from any department of these colleges can apply to any department at IIT Kanpur.
The SURGE program is open to all students currently in their 2nd year and 3rd year of bachelors (BA/B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech) or 1st year of M.Sc/MA.
Students from all IITs, NITs, IISERs and NISERs are eligible to apply for the SURGE program. In addition, students from the following colleges may also apply.
The list of colleges that are eligible for Surge application are:
1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
2. Amrita Institute, Coimbatore
3. Andhra University
4. Anna University
5. Banaras Hindu University (all departments including IT-BHU)
6. Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur
7. Bharadidasan University
8. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
9. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - Goa Campus
10. Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi
11. Birsa Institute of Technology, Sindri
12. Burdwan University
13. BV Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli
14. Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI), Chennai
15. Cochin University, Kochi
16. College of ceramic technology Kolkata
17. College of Engineering, Pune
18. College of Engineering, Trivandrum
19. College of Technology, G B Pant University
20. CSJM University, Kanpur
21. Delhi College of Engineering
22. Delhi School of Economics
23. Delhi University
24. Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Infomation and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar
25. Govt. College of Engg. Salem (Metallurgical Engg.)
26. Gulbarga University
27. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab
28. HBTI, Kanpur
29. Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata
30. Indian Statistical Institute (ISI),Bangalore
31. Indian Statistical Institute Delhi
32. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Mumbai
33. Institute of Mathematics and Application, Bhubaneshwar
34. International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad
35. Jadavpur University
36. Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University (JNTU), Hyderabad
37. Jawaharlal Nehru University
38. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University, Bhubaneswar
39. Lucknow University
40. Madras School of economics
41. Madurai Kamaraj University
42. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
43. Mangalore University
44. Manipal University
45. MIT, Anna University, Chennai
46. MS University Baroda
47. National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi
48. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
49. Osmania University
50. Pondicherry University
51. Presidency College, Kolkata
52. PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
53. Punjab Engineering College
54. Punjab University
55. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
56. Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar
57. Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat
58. St. Stephens College
59. St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
60. St. Xavier's College, Mumbai.
61. Thapar Institute of Engineering and technology
62. The Laxmi Nivas Mittal Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur
63. Thiyagarajar College of Engg, Madurai
64. UIET, Kanpur University
65. University College of Science & Tech, Calcutta University
66. University Department of Chemical Technology
67. University of Bombay
68. University of Calcutta
69. University of Hyderabad
70. University of Madras, Chennai
71. University of Pune
72. Veer Jijamata Technical Institute, Mumbai
73. Vellore Institute of Technology
74. Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
75. West Bengal University of Technology