IAF 7 SSC (M) F (P)/36 SSC (W) F(P) 2010
INVITES ENTERPRISING & ADVENTUROUS MEN & WOMEN
TO JOIN THE INDIAN AIR FORCE
AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED OFFICERS IN
FLYING (PILOT) BRANCH
WE ARE a high tech service, operating a formidable array of aircraft, weapons and associated equipment.
HAVE some of the finest training facilities, which will transform you into a skilled professional.
HAVE openings for bright young men and women who seek a life of challenge, honour and glory
GIVE WINGS TO YOUR DREAMS
Download application form. Originally sourced from
1. Applications are invited from unmarried male and female Indian Citizens
for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying (Pilot) Branch of the Indian Air
Force for the following courses for which training will commence in Jan 2011.
No. 7 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (MEN) FLYING (PILOT) COURSE
No. 36 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (WOMEN) FLYING (PILOT) COURSE
Last date for receipt of applications: 06 April 2010.
Last date for receipt of applications for the candidates who are sending their
applications from Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands,
Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and
Mizoram: 13 April 2010
2. Should be an unmarried Indian citizen.
3. Age: 19 to 23 years as on 01 Jan 2011 i.e. born between 02 Jan 1988 and
01 Jan 1992 (Both dates inclusive).
(Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued
by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1986 to
01 Jan 1992 Both dates inclusive ).
4. Educational Qualification: Graduates (Three year course) in any
discipline including BE /B Tech (Four year course) who have attained Minimum
60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together. All candidates applying
must have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level through regular schooling.
Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may also apply
provided they fulfil the following conditions:-
(a) Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a
minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together upto the last
semester/ year for which results have been declared at the time of applying /
(b) Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate
latest by 15 Dec 2010.
5. Height and Weight: Minimum height - 162.5 cms with correlated weight and
leg length in the range of 99 cms (Min) and 120 cms (Max).
6. Vision: (a) Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6
only for hypermetropia. (b) Manifest Myopia - Nil. (c) LASIK Surgery for
correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short
service Commission (Flying Branch) if the following conditions are fulfilled at the
time of Air Force medical examination:- (i) LASIK Surgery should not have been
carried out before the age of 20 years. (ii) The axial length of the eye should not
be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master. (iii) At least twelve months
should have lapsed post uncomplicate stable LASIK. No history or evidence of
any complication. (iv) The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a
corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns. (v) Individuals with
high refractive errors (>6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. Candidates must
not suffer from colour or night blindness.
Candidates who have failed the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an earlier
attempt OR a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy
will not be eligible to apply.
Airmen candidates are to apply through the separate Airmen entry
HOW TO APPLY
7.(a) If you meet the eligibility criteria, download the application format from our
website www.careerairforce.nic.in, complete the columns in English (Block
Capitals) and send the same by ORDINARY POST at the following address by
06 April 2010 / 13 April 2010 (as applicable). Alternately the application can be
typed or handwritten (in block capitals) as per the format given in the advertisement
in A4 size paper
POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI - 110 106
No queries/correspondence will be entertained regarding late
receipt / non receipt or incomplete / non eligible / illegible applications.
(b) Superscribe the envelope: 7 SSC (M) F(P) / 36 SSC (W) F (P) Course
(c) Application must also be accompanied by One self addressed envelope
(size - 23 x 10 cms) pasted with Rs 27/- postage stamps
8. After scrutiny of the applications, short listed candidates will be called for Pilot
Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) and Service Selection Board (SSB) interview at one
of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) situated at Dehradun, Mysore and
9. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) will be administered on the first day and
candidates who qualify in it will undergo Stage I Personality Test on the next day.
Stage I test consists of Intelligence test and Picture Perception and Discussion
Test (PP&DT). PP&DT is a screening test and those who qualify would undergo
stage –II testing. Candidates who fail to qualify the PABT / stage - I would be
routed back on the same day.
10. Stage II tests consisting of Psychological test, Group test and Interview will be
conducted in the subsequent days (Three to four days).
11. Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM
Bangalore for those who are recommended by AFSBs after stage-II testing.
12. Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be
appointed for training in order of All India Merit List depending on the number of
13. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during testing
14. Training is scheduled to commence in the month of Jan 2011.
15. Candidates will be detailed to undergo training for 74 weeks at Air Force
Training Establishments. During the training period, candidates would be
orientated with defence lifestyle and imparted military training to enhance their
physical and mental toughness before commencing flying training. On
completion of training they would be granted Short Service Commission. The
engagement period would be for 14 years from the date of commissioning (not
IAF OFFERS YOU
16. Pay and Allowances: Flying Officers will be entitled to the pay band of Rs
15,600 -39,100 per month. Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness
Allowance, Flying Allowance, Transport Allowance & Kit Maintenance
Allowance are the other admissible pay and allowances.
17. In addition certain other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty /
place of posting.
18. Benefits: Well Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for
self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave (60 days Annual and 20
days Casual), Rations, Canteen, Officers Mess facilities and many more.
19. Insurance: Rs.30 Lac Insurance Cover (on contribution) as applicable to
serving officers. Additional cover of 3.5 Lac for Flying Branch is also available.
20. Adventure & Sports: The IAF provides facilities to pursue all major sports
activities. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure activities such as
Sky Diving, Para Jumping, Para Sailing, River Rafting, Mountaineering, Trekking
21. An unparalleled way of life that offers you intrinsic compensation that no other organisation may provide
22. Terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
23. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is administered only once in a life time.
24. The columns in the Application Form must be complete in all respects. Illegible / incomplete applications will be rejected without
assigning any reason.
25. The following documents must be carried in original along with photocopies by the candidates while reporting to the Air Force
Selection Board for tests.
(a) Matriculation or Secondary School leaving Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education for proof of Date of Birth. (No
other document would be accepted as proof of Date of Birth).
(b) 10+2 Certificate and Mark Sheet (issued by Board only) as proof of having passed in Physics & Maths.
(c) Original / Provisional Graduation Degree Certificate, Mark Sheets issued by the University only. For those appearing for the
final exams, semester/year wise mark sheets are to be taken.
(d) In case of final year / semester students applying, a certificate from college principal clearly mentioning the following aspects
annotated with proper stamp & seal of the institution (i) Name Of College (ii) University affiliated to (iii) Discipline of Graduation
(iv) Likely date of declaration of final result ( DD / MM / YYYY format ).
(e) Original Air Wing Senior Division 'C' Certificate (if applicable). In case the candidate is to appear in the NCC 'C' Certificate
(Sr. Division) Examinations, a certificate from the Commanding Officer of the NCC Air Squadron is to be obtained and carried
stating that the candidate will produce the 'C' Certificate by 15 Dec 2010.
(f) Original valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (if applicable).
26. Candidates who are not in possession of these documents will be routed back from AFSBs on the first day without any
payment of Travelling Allowance.
27. Onus of meeting eligibility criteria rests with the candidate. Merely because you have been called or tested in PABT / AFSB dose not
constitute fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
28. You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability. For broad details log on to our website
29. DISCLAIMER: Information given in the advertisement and on the website are only guidelines. In case of any ambiguity, the existing
rules and regulations of Indian Air Force / Govt. of India will be final.
30. STATUTORY WARNING: Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection
process detected at any stage, is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual
will be initiated